Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Board Meeting
January 11, 2012
Those in attendance included: Dave Piske, Melinda Macpherson, Lee Evans, Paul Wehr, Dennis Cook, Guy Turenne, Cullen Emsing, Charles Plunkett, and Phil Wright.
The meeting was called to order at 7:11pm.
President’s Comments: It’s been a long time since the last meeting, it’ll be good to get the new year started!
Minutes from the last meeting were approved as amended.
Treasurer’s report: It was quiet through the holidays. We moved a donation from Paypal, there was a donation for the youth camp, and there was a check mailed to Cullen that had to be re-issued. Paul is still shopping for a new bank and working on the conservation line item for the budget.
Membership report: Stephanie is out of town and will submit her report when she’s back.
Nominations report: No change.
Youth Activities Report: There was an advertisement placed in the spring and summer Fort Collins Recreator for this summer’s day camp. Dennis will get the online application packet materials to Paul for the website and will coordinate with Cullen for the poster. We will go through contacts to put the word about the day camp out to teachers and boy scout troops (rather than through the school district), Lee will work with schools in Loveland. There is a plan in the works for a series of classes in Fort Collins/Wellington for the Boys and Girls Club. Dennis will retire after this day camp and TIC.
Conservation Report: Dave has prepared a list of conservation activities that the chapter is involved in. There is an article in The Flypaper about the Long Draw litigation. The deadline was Monday for TU to respond and the motion has been made for intervention. The law firm is working pro Bono. We need to establish a list of volunteers and also to firm the dates for the upcoming volunteer season. We also need to constantly talk up volunteerism.
- Newsletter - Sustaining member donors should be listed in each newsletter. We should mix articles on each content area throughout the newsletter (instead of grouping a number of youth articles together, etc.) There should be a review of the previous month’s general meeting and a preview of the upcoming meeting.
- General Meeting - Charles will man the raffle table. Paul wondered if he could provide free coffee at the general meetings - we all thought that was a great idea!
- Decals - The decals look fantastic! We will be passing them out at meetings (rocking them on our cars!) and, pending authorization from the City of Fort Collins, posting them on the fishing line receptacles that the chapter has been maintaining.
- Fly Tying Expo - So far 19 tiers have committed. We will associate each tier with his/her shop. There will be a beginning/children’s table thanks to Guy. The silent auction is shaping up. So far there is an Elkhorn Rod, Jax gift certificate, and some other goodies promised by area shops. The food is still a question mark. For a $20 admission, folks will receive 10 raffle tickets and a supper. We will update the flyers with the confirmed tiers and then begin to distribute them. The senior center and the buckets are ready to go, 5:30pm start time, still need volunteers and power cords.
- Should we be marketing more items? Beer coozies, patches, license plate holders?
- Larimer Country Fishing Expo will be March 31st-April 1st. Dick will head up the chapter’s participation.
- CTU raffle tickets are now available for a float trip on the Gunnison River during the 2012 or 2013 season.
- CTU Gala in March - should the chapter purchase a table?
Meeting adjourned at 8:54pm (this has to be a record!)
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Secretary
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.