rmf-tu logo RMF-TU Poudre River Cleanup Crew 2010

Happening This Month

October 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10
Board Meeting
11
12 13 14
15 16 17
General Meeting
18
19 20
Kokanee Trip
So. Platte
21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Search the RMF site


Sustaining Donors
Oct 18, 16-Oct 18, 17
$1000+ Cutthroat Donors

Cutthroat Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Fred Ebert
New Belgium Brewery
Odell Brewing Co.
Steven Hanzlik in Memoriam

$500-$999 Rainbow Donors

Rainbow Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

CMS Mechanical Services, Inc.
Tom Culbertson
Fly Fishing Team USA
Bob Green
Linda and Dick Jefferies
David Piske
Robert F. Dunn in Memoriam

$100-$499 Brown Donors

Brown Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Marc Brown
Yang Qian & Edward McConnaughey
Bill Gillett
Handmade Art Co.
JAX Outdoors
Robert Loeven
Marc McKenzie
NoCo FlyFishing
Dale Rellas
Richard Withey

$50-$99 Brook Donors

Brook Trout Donor Level: Art used with permission of Joseph Tomelleri.

Dennis Cook
Fish Restaurant
Jax Fish House
Sonny Lubicks

Donation page
Become a Sustaining Donor
facebook
follow us on twitter

Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings

Minutes—Rocky Mountain Flycasters Board Meeting
July 10, 2013

The meeting was called to order by President Dick Jefferies.
Present were Bill Perrill, Tom Culbertson, Dennis Cook, Gil Coleman, Sean Cronin, Dave Piske, Jerry Pelis, Wil Huett, Paul Wehr and Lee Evans.

Dick reported that on Sunday, August 4, from 10:00 to 5:00, we would be helping at a fishing pond at the Larimer County Fair. He needed 5 volunteers, and realized that was the day after the Youth Camp.

The agenda was approved after pulling the Youth Outreach report.
Minutes were approved.

Dennis reported that the Galyardts had finished 4 of the 6 lessons for middle school audiences. They are all games and activities based and the remaining two are basically actual fishing activities. These units will be available to any of us who teach some of these classes.

The Department of Natural Resources of Boyd Lake asked us to teach a fishing clinic for kids grades 8 to high school. We will possibly do this at a future time, but probably not this year because of the late notice. Sean suggested we ask for a donation to our chapter when we do these types of volunteer activities.

Wil reported that The Coloradoan will be at our Youth Camp on Tuesday July 30th. He hopes for a full turnout of volunteers that day. [ed: see the Coloradoan article and the Coloradoan photos

We had a discussion of the Dropbox and updates that it may need. Clarification on the use of Dropbox and types of notifications of additions to it were also mentioned.

Bill Perrill presented what he and Dennis Cook developed regarding roles and orientation for officers, new leadership council members, and new members. Wil suggested we purchase 3-ring binders so we can update as needed and pass the binders on to new personnel. Dick suggested we also have an electronic component for those who prefer it. Although much of the information will overlap, each group will have differentiated material relevant to that specific group. We discussed much of what should be in each and directed the committee to continue. Also as part of the Orientation Package, Dennis exhibited and passed around copies of Position Description templates for all officers, trustees, committee chairs, and program/activity coordinators to complete. He will e-mail these templates with instructions for completion by all of the Leadership Council members.

Lee is working on a brief history of our chapter to be included in new member’s materials. He also suggested having a 30th year celebration for our chapter at the annual Guest Night in November.

Wil reported on the work of the Presentation Work Group. He reminded us of the Gomo grant which will allow us to purchase a large backdrop to be used in booths and at presentations. The group is working on the visuals that will be attached to the backdrop to be used to better describe our chapter and its work. It was moved, seconded and passed to order the backdrop and continue the work.

Bill brought us up to date on our relationship with Project Healing Waters (PHW). We still need more volunteers for some of the activities. The Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) was discussed and we felt we need more information. We will contact the Cheyenne, WY chapter and also Colorado Springs to gather more information about the MOA.

In New Business, Dick asked for input in the decision to purchase rods for our raffles. We felt the rods from Elkhorn Rods were well received by our members, however, some discussion was held regarding passing around the purchase to other local shops. Purchasing gift cards instead of rods was also discussed. In the interest of time, Sean moved we consider Elkhorn rods this year, with the possibility of change next year. It was seconded and passed. Dick will contact Brian at Elkhorn.

We are in need of a new membership chairman and discussed the position and its duties. Gil Coleman was encouraged to move into the position. He is considering it. We will miss Stephanie Mullins and her good work, but realize she has some higher priorities, namely a new baby boy! She has expressed interest in contributing to RMF in other ways.

We discussed giving a donation to Larimer County Boys and Girls Club since they have provided transportation for our Youth Camp. They have a new director and Dennis is planning a meeting with her to see if we can continue our relationship. Dennis moved that we make a $300 donation after his discussion with the new director. The motion was seconded and passed.

We talked of our need to have space for all the RMF stuff we store presently in various garages and basements. We wondered if any of our members had a place. We decided to send out an e-mail blast to ask for possible storage spots, and to also seek free or reduced printing for our posters, and presentation materials. The motion was seconded and passed.

We adjourned at 9:34.

Respectfully submitted,
Lee Evans, Acting secretary

Previous Meetings

Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.

Last updated on 25 Jul, 2013