Rocky Mountain Flycasters - Board Meetings
Rocky Mountain Flycasters
Board Meeting Agenda:
August 9, 2017
Meeting called to order at 7:05 by President Coy Wylie. In attendance: Coy Wylie, Linda Jeffries, Phil Wright, Lee Evans, Dennis Cook, Paul Wehr, Dave Piske, Domingo Rodriquez, Ruthie Ketola (minutes), and Adam Jokerst.
Note: A quorum was present.
President’s comments and introductions
Guest: Adam Jokerst, Water Resource Engineer in Utilities Department, City of Ft. Collins
- Review Agenda - approved as is.
- July Minutes - approved as submitted.
- Consent Agenda: Treasurer’s Report, Conservation Report, Youth Report, Community Outreach Report, Membership Report
- Pulled Consent Items - none
- President’s comments and introductions
Support letter for Halligan Reservoir dam expansion-Adam Jokerst.
Adam gave a slide show presentation of the project and outlined the City of Fort Collins’ Conceptual Avoidance, Minimization and Mitigation Plan. He requested a support letter from RMF to to submit to the Corps by the end of September.
- Contact CTU so that we do not blur any lines of communication - Coy and Dave P.
- Will hold off until September board meeting for a vote after members have a chance to review the information. Coy will write the letter if approved.
Meeting venue discussion -Coy/Tom
Coy checked on the Wolverine Letterpress and it won’t work due to lack of parking.
- Check CSU and FRCC to see if there is a facility on campus we might use beginning in January 2018, with the goal being to increase membership and diversity- Dennis.
- Check leadership manual about alcohol served at meetings- Dennis.
- Consider re-naming our current venue the Raintree recreation center on the web site for now (Tom).
Discuss year-end set aside for conservation fund - Tom
- Consider whether we put excess money into the conservation fund: $2k has been designated in the past. Deferred to next meeting.
- Need a budget meeting.
Rist Canyon Mountain Festival, September 3, 2017
- Email leadership team for those who will show up- Coy/Tom.
- Coordinate taking the tent & kids games.
- Contact about better location - Coy.
General membership 2014 survey regarding our Chapter’s direction and goals (Bob Green)- Coy
- Survey & Strategic Plan are two different issues: the strategic plan should be an extension of CTU but with local flavor - Coy.
- The plan should be reviewed yearly as it should be “a working document” - Dennis.
- Trustees will meet before the next board meeting to review and discuss the strategic plan and action steps. Tom offered to host.
- Visioning-Coy: no action due to time.
- Support letter for Halligan Reservoir dam expansion-Adam Jokerst.
Youth camp review - Dennis
- This year’s camp was a success.
- Need to recruit a replacement for Dennis as Camp Coordinator: Review next month.
- Project Healing Waters update - Domingo: The group is meeting weekly on Thursday nights and fly-tying Saturdays. Looking for volunteers. A Greeley group has formed and meets at the American Legion.
- Embrace a Stream update - continues on track for the 9/29/17 deadline - Dave Piske.
- Phantom Canyon update: Coy will email Colin.
- Volgistics update: no action.
Shirt sale update/order form - has been emailed for feedback which is positive. (Mickey)
- Wear our shirts to the September meeting.
- Mickey has ordered and received 12 shirts to sell at the meeting.
- Youth camp review - Dennis
- Adam Jokerst agreed to give his presentation at the October general membership meeting.
- Fly Fishing Show 2018, Denver
- NoCo Expo planning
Submitted by Ruthie Ketola,
Rocky Mountain Flycasters Secretary
Previous meeting reports will be here as they are superceded by newer reports.