- September 8: Board Meeting
Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- September 11: 09:00:00 Colorado Division of Wildlife presents Poudre Rendezvous Skills Day Come join the CDOW and its partners for a day of outdoor recreation, education, and fun! No experience necessary, no equipment needed. $5 per registrant. Participants can shoot guns, arrows, catch fish, and learn other mountain skills.
Students and families are encouraged to attend and participants under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The Rendezvous is from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Ben Delatour Scout Ranch at Red Feather Lakes. R.S.V.P. at www.wildlife.state.co.us/Education/GetOutdoors/PoudreRendezvous or call 303-291-7212.
For more information on wildlife-recreation, visit online: www.wildlife.state.co.us/Education/GetOutdoors/
Rocky Mountain Flycasters will be fielding volunteers for this great outdoor event. See our volunteer page.
- September 15: General Meeting - Fishing the Four Corners Besides the San Juan
Ty Churchwell of Durango will be Rocky Mountain Flycasters’ September featured guest speaker. A graduate of Loveland High School and Colorado State University with a BS in horticulture and a minor in chemistry, Ty relocated in the '90s to Durango Colorado where he learned the secrets of fly fishing the great rivers of south western Colorado. He is the former president of the Five Rivers TU chapter in Durango, and he was recognized as Colorado Trout Unlimited’s 2009 Volunteer of the Year. He is currently with national TU in our public lands division called “The Sportsmen’s Conservation Project (SCP)” and is spearheading the Alpine Triangle initiative which is featured in the Summer 2010 Trout magazine. He returns home to present “Fishing the Four Corners Besides the San Juan.” Please welcome Ty at the September meeting.
Social hour begins at 6:30, and the Program follows at 7:00. Admission is free and the public is welcome. The Fort Collins Senior Center is located at 1200 Raintree Drive off Shields Avenue between Prospect and Drake. Additional meeting information.
- September 18: Colorado Trout Unlimited Clean-Up Day
Volunteers are needed for our part in the Colorado TU clean-up day. We will be cleaning up a large section of the Cache La Poudre River and will meet at 9:00 a.m. at Picnic Rock to receive our assignments, trash bags, and other instructions. After the event (around noon), we will have a picnic at Picnic Rock to thank all of our volunteers. For more information or to sign up, please contact Bob Streeter.
- September 22: Alpine Anglers’ General Meeting. The Estes Park Alpine Anglers’ TU chapter will screen the video Riverwebs. Follow a team of scientists as they experiment to learn more about how rivers work and about the relationship between river life and what’s up on the bank.
We’ll be at the Peak-to-Peak American Grill. Their bar will be available, so have a beer and learn something about river life. Peak-to-Peak American Grill, 451 South St. Vrain (Hwy 7), Estes Park. See www.alpineanglers.org for more information.
- September 25: Eagles Nest Open Space Trail Maintenance Canceled.
Volunteers will be needed on October 30th for our annual trail maintenance days at Eagles Nest. For more information or to sign up, please contact Guy Turenne, RMF Trustee at Large and Eagle's Nest Project Leader.
- September 25: Boys & Girls Club “Day for Kids”
This year’s Day for Kids celebration will be held Sept. 25th from 10:00am-4:00pm at the Front Range Village in Fort Collins on East Harmony Road. Popular events in the past have included picnics, parades, street festivals and service projects.
RMF will have a 10'x10' booth and provide opportunities for participants—adults and children—to practice casting, knot tying, fly tying, and pick up information about RMF and our Conservation & Fly Fishing Day Camp.
To get more information, see our Volunteer page.
Note of the Day:
Angling is such a popular recreation that professors of the gentle craft are to be found amongst all classes and conditions of the Genus homo. The disciples of glorious old Izaack—is not their name Legion?
R. Lakeland., 1858, The Teesdale Angler, (Horse Market, R. Barker, Printer, Barnard Castle-iBooks version).