- September 10: TrailGate Party at the Fort Collins Natural Area in the Poudre Canyon. Spend a few hours working on some trail renovation in the Natural Area and then join in for a picnic lunch. More details about the RMF project and Fort Collins connection on the Gateway page. Contact Teri & Scott Gardner or to reserve your spot.
- September 14: Board Meeting
Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- September 17: Rocky Mountain Flycasters will again have a booth at the Larimer Boys & Girls Clubs Day For Kids Festival. We will demonstrate and teach casting, display and teach tying knots, display and discuss aquatic insects, demonstrate and discuss fly tying and promote our Youth Day Camp. Our chapter gains much visibility from having this booth. This is a terrific festival and is open to the general public, so bring your youngster or grandchild and share a really fun day.
- September 18: Phantom Canyon River Trail Maintenance and Fishing Day:
Rocky Mountain Flycasters/Trout Unlimited River Trail Leaders will work with a team of volunteers to mow vegetation in the trail, trim back trail-side vegetation, and rebuild rock cairns marking safe river crossings. Afterward, volunteers will be able to do some catch-and-release fishing in the canyon.
See the Phantom Canyon Page for more details and volunteer signup contacts.
- September 21: General Meeting
Fall Fishing the Poudre.
We all know about the extended runoff on our local rivers this year. Just what does all that mean for our fall fishing? Grant Houx, owner and guide from St. Peter’s Fly Shop in Fort Collins will provide us with some insight into what the fall months will look like on our rivers and lakes. Come join us for the season’s opening general meeting of the Rocky Mountain Flycasters.
Social hour begins at 6:30, and the Program follows at 7:30. Admission is free and the public is welcome. The Fort Collins Senior Center is located at 1200 Raintree Drive off Shields Avenue between Prospect and Drake. Additional meeting information.
Note of the Day:
...to live on a piece of land without spoiling it.
Leopold, Aldo, 1959, A Sand County Almanac 1959.