- August 1: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 29-Aug 3.
- August 2: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 29-Aug 3.
- August 3: RMF Youth Fly Fishing & River Conservation Day Camp continues from Jul 29-Aug 3.
- August 11: Phantom Canyon: River Trail Stewardship
Rocky Mountain Flycasters/Trout Unlimited River Trail Leaders will work with a team of volunteers to mow vegetation in the trail, trim back trail-side vegetation, and rebuild rock cairns marking safe river crossings. Afterward, volunteers will be able to do some catch-and-release fishing in the canyon. See the Phantom Canyon Page for more details and volunteer signup contacts. Backup in case of unsuitable conditions will be 18 August.
- August 12: Fishing Meeting: Fish for crappie, blue gill, and bass. Bring your own food and beverage and plan on a great time. Contact Gretchen Osborn for more details.
- August 14: Board Meeting at 7:00 PM. Members are welcome to attend any board meeting. Check with a Board Member to find out where the meeting is being held.
- August 17: Upper Poudre Canyon “Wild Trout and Whities” See our Fishing Trips page for more details.
Host: Dennis Cook.
- August 18: Phantom Canyon: River Trail Stewardship
Backup date for Phantom Canyon Trail work of 11 August.
Note of the Day:
We can tell a hawk from a hand-saw, a March Brown from a Blue Dun; and if our success be as poor as ever, our fancy can dream as well as ever of better things and more fortunate chances. For fishing is like life; and in the art of living, too, there are duffers, though they seldom give us their confessions.
Lang, Andrew, 1895, Confessions of a Duffer from Angling Sketches (Longmans, Green, and Co.).